Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Still Alive

Hey all.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been quite busy indeed facilitating community needs assessments, various workshops, and other useful tools for community involvement and social science research...thank you Evergreen!

Anyway, I hope to be able to post some pictures here in a few weeks of me and a few friends, my buddy Magnus, who is my Afrikaans trainer, and a few other things you may find of interest.

I am quite safe...despite being robbed at knifepoint. Do not worry, they only took my watch, N$400, and my lunch. Ok, I undestand the money and the watch...but my lunch!?! Give me a break. I was hungry! Oh well, what can you do? It was quite a funny experience, I had to go home and just laugh. What else could one do in such a situation? The lunch was merely the icing on the cake.

Anyway, I'm just on a quick break, thought I'd sneak away and let everyone know that I am indeed doing fine and loving Namibia. I am in Grootfontein until December 29th, and then back to Okahandja. I will not be at my permanent site until January 9. Hooray! So excited to get this going, looking forward to getting my life in order in Keetmanshoop. However, I cannot complain, being able to travel around the country over the past few weeks has been a very valuable experience, one that I would not have traded for anything.

So, in short. I hope everyone is doing well. Keep in touch. Thank you for the birthday notes. Wish I could have had more time to respond to them. It was great to hear from everybody. I'll give a shout out to Jojo. Thanks for the nice long letter buddy, I miss ya man!

Lotsa love going out to my American friends and family. Peace out and keep it real y'all.

Sethman

3 comments:

Carlene said...

Glad to hear you are doing good. I have just 2 words for you, "money belt". Love, Mom

Mickey said...

Seth, I know this is totally Un-Peace core but have you thought about at least buying a pocket knife. Soooo glad to hear you're well. Please send pictures when you can.

Unknown said...

Hey Seth.
Just got your Mom's Christmas letter and your blog address. I'm glad things are going well for you in Africa. Take Care and Warm Holiday Wishes.
Rachelle